Member Agreement and Safer Space Policy
This is the policy that all members of HEALTH CLUB and non-members using the space must agree to abide by. We think it’s really important to try hard to keep this space as much an oasis of positivity and acceptance as possible. We’re always open to changes to make the policy better / more inclusive. Let us know!
Space Use Agreement
Host your next event / meeting / movement group at HEALTH CLUB: We make our space available to the community for fundraisers, shows, speaking events, or your event whatever it may be. Our fee structure is flexible, and in general we are happy to work with you to make your event a success. E-mail a completed form to [email protected] or drop it off during open hours!
Debunking BMI Poster
From our blogpost about the value of body-positivity! Share freely under a Creative Commons non-commercial license.
Body-positive resources and businesses
Some places we love and support. Give them your patronage and help body-positivity grow!
- Fat Yoga – Fat Yoga offers a safe space for all body types to experience fun, irreverent fitness on a deeper level. Classes are tailored to people who may not be the stereotypical yoga student.
- Be Nourished – Lose the weight of body shame to create the change you seek from a deeper place!
- Holding Space Massage – Body-positive massage in a spacious and beautiful home office in the north Montavilla neighborhood of Portland, Oregon.
- Babe Wax – An all gender waxing salon specializing in gender-affirming and body-positive services.
- Fat Fancy – Plus Size Clothing Boutique located in Downtown Portland, Oregon.
- Personal Record – Personal Record is a bold, new activewear brand designed for curvy women by a curvy designer. Proudly made in NYC and ships all over the world.
- HAES® Registry (Health At Every Size) – Search the database of body-positive healthcare providers, educators, and other professionals to find someone near you!